Too often we rush through our days not taking the time to acknowledge the wonder of the creation, and the even greater love that God has shown us. We gather to express that joy and love in our worship.
Worship this week –
Saturday – 5:00 p.m. in the chapel
Sunday – 8:30 a.m. Traditional worship
10:00 a.m. Contemporary worship
Devotions for this week:
Psalm 100 June 11, 2017
SHARE: What was a high point of your day? What was a low point?
READ: Read the following daily readings to deepen your understanding
Sunday, Psalm 100
Monday, Psalm 103
Tuesday, Psalm 105
Wednesday, Psalm 111
Thursday, Psalm 135
Friday, Psalm 147
Saturday, Psalm 149
TALK: Consider some of these ideas:
For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. (Psalm 100:5)
- The whole creation erupts in praise for its Creator, and we are a part of it. The time has come to rejoice in word, song, and action.
- Where do you see God working in the world? What makes you praise God?
- Did you ever wonder: What brings God joy? What is God’s favorite animal? Geography? Weather? Food? What are some of God’s other favorites? Why?
- Take 5 minutes each day this week to praise God in a unique way. Here are some ideas:
- Sing your favorite Christmas carol,
- Smile at someone who doesn’t expect it
- take a photo of something beautiful
- close your eyes, take a deep breath, and exhale a prayer of thanks
PRAY: God of all, you are ever worthy of our praise. Show us your blessings anew and open our eyes to what has always been before us. In the name of Jesus, Amen.
BLESS: May God bless you as you praise God! Amen.