Worship at 11:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall
7:30 p.m. in chapel
The Parable of the Rich Fool
“So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God.”
Read the Parable from Luke 12:13-21
Some questions to consider:
- Do you like to collect things? If so, what? What do you have a lot of in your house?
- What would your ideal life be like 20 years from now?
What do you think Jesus is trying to say in this story?
- It’s okay to be successful, but remember your highest priority.
- To prepare for the future to have look beyond finances.
- You can’t take it with you
- Having material things can test your devotion to God
- Other ideas? ____________________
What is your reaction to: “a person’s life does not consist in the abundance of their possessions?”
- It sounds good, but clashes with the reality of life
- Instead it should say “the one with the most toys wins”
- Yes, the important things in life aren’t things
- I need this reminder to be more faithful and generous toward God and others
- Other ideas? _____________________________________