As Advent begins we hear of Daniel’s faithfulness in the face of injustice, and his rescue from the dark night of fear. As we prepare in this season, who do we look to for hope? How do we remain faithful to that true hope?
All are welcome to join us for worship!
SATURDAY EVENING WORSHIP 5:00PM
- A modified traditional worship service, generally less that 45 minutes. We gather the smaller chapel on the Front Street side of the building
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP
- We gather in the main sanctuary for liturgical Lutheran worship, accompanied by the pipe organ and featuring our excellent choir.
9:30 AM Sunday School Classes
- Classes for age 3 and up are held throughout the building, while there is time for coffee and conversation in the fellowship hall.
- Led by our Praise Team we share contemporary Christian music, God’s Word and prayer in the sanctuary.
Devotions for this week:
Daniel’s Hope in God November 27 (I Advent)
SHARE: What was a high point of your day? What was a low point?
READ: Read the following daily readings to deepen your understanding:
Sunday: Daniel’s Hope in God, Daniel 6:6-27
Monday: Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream, Daniel 2:1-49
Tuesday: The Fiery Furnace, Daniel 3:1-30
Wednesday: Belshazzar’s Feast, Daniel 5:1-30
Thursday: Visions of Four Beasts, Daniel 7:1-28
Friday: Seventy Weeks, Daniel 9:20-27
Saturday: The Resurrection of the Dead, Daniel 12:1-13
TALK: Consider some of these ideas:
Daniel then said to the king, “O king, live forever! My God sent his angel and shut the lions’ mouths so that they would not hurt me, because I was found blameless before him; and also before you, O king, I have done no wrong.” Daniel 6:21-22
King Darius is in a pickle. His friend Daniel has violated an unbreakable law, and must now face a den of lions. The powerless king spends an anxious night fasting, hoping for a miracle. What will the morning bring?
- Are there ordinances or laws that you do not find just? What can you do to live faithfully according to God’s word?
- When has God rescued you from certain demise? Did you put your faith in God before your rescue? After? How do you demonstrate faith?
- What can you do to remind yourself to pray several times a day?
PRAY: Lord, you know the dangers that we face. Give us the wisdom to call on you always, and deliver us in our hour of need. For Jesus’ sake, Amen.
BLESS: May God strengthen you in your prayer and faith life. Amen.