Today’s psalm is an expression of ultimate trust. We do not know what perils may lie ahead. But we do know our shepherd, who guides and protects us. What could our lives look like if we could live free of worry, fear, and always wanting for something more?
Worship this week:
Saturday – 5:00 p.m. in the chapel
Sunday – 9:00 a.m. Combined worship (Followed by special meeting of the congregation)
Devotions for this week:
Psalm 23 June 25, 2017
SHARE: What was a high point of your day? What was a low point?
READ: Read the following daily readings to deepen your understanding
Sunday, Psalm 23
Monday, Psalm 11
Tuesday, Psalm 16
Wednesday, Psalm 46
Thursday, Psalm 52
Friday, Psalm 121
Saturday, Psalm 131
TALK: Consider some of these ideas:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. (Psalm 23:1)
- Today’s psalm is an expression of ultimate trust. We do not know what perils may lie ahead. But we do know our shepherd, who guides and protects us.
- “The Lord is my shepherd.” What other images for God speak to you? (Rock, friend, parent, lifeline, breath) Why?
- Wonder: What does God love about sheep?
- What does God love about you?
- Think of something you have been reluctant to turn over to God. (A relationship, a struggle, control) Make a decision every day this week to let God handle it without your help.
PRAY: Loving God, you see the dangers ahead long before we could imagine them. Keep our eyes trained on the path, following in your trustworthy footsteps, by the grace of your spirit. Amen.
BLESS: May God guide and protect you in all that you do. Amen.