We begin a series on the Psalms this week, and read this Psalm of praise for our God who is high above all, but never fails to notice the needs of the least. Join us as we worship our God who is great, and merciful.
Worship with Holy Communion this week:
Saturday 5:00 p.m. in the fellowship hall
Sunday – 8:30 a.m. Traditional worship in the sanctuary
10:00 a.m. – A contemporary worship and discussion gathering in fellowship hall.
Devotions for this week: God Stoops Down – June 16, 2019
SHARE: What was a high point of your day? What was a low point?
READ: Read the following daily readings to deepen your understanding
Monday, Psalm 8, Psalm of Praise
Tuesday, Psalm 68, Psalm of Praise
Wednesday, Psalm 100, Psalm of Praise
Thursday, Psalm 111, Psalm of Praise
Friday, Psalm 122, Psalm of Praise
Saturday, Psalm 150, Psalm of Praise
Go to clergystuff.com/daily-devotions for devotions on the daily readings.
TALK: Consider some of these ideas
“Who is like the Lord our God, who is seated on high,
who looks far down on the heavens and earth?” (Psalm 113:5)
- Did you learn the prayer that begins “God is Great, God is Good?”
- How do you see the contrast between goodness and greatness?
- Which of these words do think of first when you think of God?
- What was the last celebration you attended? What were you celebrating? What in that day brought you the most joy?
- Do you feel God’s joy when you celebrate?
PRAY: Dearest Lord, you are the reason for our joy and celebration. Help us to share our blessings and stay mindful of them in times when we don’t feel like being joyful. For you have given us an everlasting fulfillment in the gift of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
BLESS: May you know the joy of the Lord who is seated on high.